What we do?
- We help people act with insight.
- We help companies grow from the inside.
- We help employees turn into thinkers.
We ignite thought
If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of exclusive property, it is the action of the thinking power called an idea, which an individual may exclusively possess as long as he keeps it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into the possession of every one, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of it. Its peculiar character, too, is that no one possesses the less, because every other possesses the whole of it. He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me.
on Patents and Freedom of Ideas
Publications > Acadinnet Publications
1. Reality check on India's economic growth: Planning to fail or failing to plan
Rajendra K. Bera, Sunish Raj, Hiten Balsari
Published on March 18, 2012
When worldwide, universities are transitioning to become engines of economic growth, the self-created domestic disaster of India's education system going into a free-fall in terms of academic standards and the irrelevance of the education it provides has been India's biggest bottleneck in realizing its economic growth potential. In terms of knowledge creation, scientific discoveries, technological inventions, and even in imparting education at all levels, there has been a rapid decline in quality in the past two decades, leaving the country with an acute shortage of employable, university educated knowledge workers. Skill gaps are alarmingly high where higher-order skills are needed. Skill shortages in most industries continue to plague the growth of the Indian economy. Given these ground realities, rather than becoming the world's third largest economy by 2030, it is likely that India's economy will head towards a meltdown by then.
ISBN 978-3-8484-2573-0, Paperback
The book is now on sale; see http://www.amazon.com/Reality-check-Indias-economic-growth/dp/3848425734
2. Comments on the Draft Approach to the 12th Five Year Plan of India
Rajendra K. Bera, Sunish Raj, Hiten Balsari
Published on December 5, 2011
In this critique of the Planning Commission's draft Approach to the 12th Five Year Plan, we focus on two key aspects of the Indian economy – its rapidly declining education system, and its lack of a robust intellectual property system. If India is to maintain its economic growth these two systems must be overhauled thoroughly and quickly. We reason, barring a miracle, that India has no reasonable chance of becoming a country with the third largest GDP in the world in the coming two decades.
The full paper can be downloaded from http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1968313 by clicking on the "One-Click Download" text-icon that appears on the screen.
- Rajendra K. Bera. The Amazing World of Quantum Computing, Springer Nature, Singapore, March 2020, https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-981-15-2471-4
- Dr. Rajendra K. Beraâ€™s response to the USPTOâ€™s Request for Comments on Patenting Artificial Intelligence Inventions, 2019, is now available at the USPTO website, https://www.uspto.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Rajendra-Bera_RFC-84-FR-448809.pdf.
Dr. Bera is the sole inventor on 28 US patents, all assigned to IBM. His patents can be viewed at http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=0&f=S&l=50&TERM1=bera+rajendra&FIELD1=INNM&co1=AND&TERM2=&FIELD2=&d=PTXT
- Bera, Rajendra K. Synthetic Biology, Artificial Intelligence, and Quantum Computing. Book Chapter in Synthetic Biology - New Interdisciplinary Science, Madan L. Nagpal, Oana-Maria Boldura, Cornel BaltÄƒ and Shymaa Enany, IntechOpen, DOI: 10.5772/intechopen.83434. https://www.intechopen.com/books/synthetic-biology-new-interdisciplinary-science/synthetic-biology-artificial-intelligence-and-quantum-computing
- Bera, Rajendra Kumar, A Conjecture About Trump (October 20, 2019). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3472485
- Bera, Rajendra Kumar, China: The Trump Factor Revisited (October 5, 2019). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3464779
- Bera, Rajendra Kumar, Iran: The Trump Factor (June 27, 2019). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3410738
- Bera, Rajendra Kumar, China: The Trump Factor (May 27, 2019). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3394720
- Bera, R. K., The Essence of Quantum Computing, Part III â€“ Measurement and Interpretation, Advanced Computing & Communications, Vol. 02, Issue 02, 2018, pp. 7-31, (https://acc.digital/the-essence-of-quantum-computing-part-3-of-3-part-series/).
- Bera, R. K., The Essence of Quantum Computing, Part II â€“ Algorithms, Advanced Computing & Communications, Vol. 02, Issue 03, June 2018, pp. 24-50, https://acc.digital/the-essence-of-quantum-computing-3/
- Bera, R. K., The Essence of Quantum Computing, Part I â€“ Foundations, Advanced Computing & Communications, Vol. 02, Issue 02, March 2018, pp. 7-31, https://acc.digital/the-essence-of-quantum-computing/
- Bera, Rajendra Kumar, AI powered society (September 28, 2018). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3256873
- Bera, Rajendra Kumar, The Millennials' Nuclear Weapons Dilemma (December 18, 2018). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3303352
- Bera, Rajendra Kumar and Raj, Sunish, Disaster Management of Human Resources (May 19, 2017). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=2971188
- Bera, Rajendra Kumar, The Polarizing World of the Millennials (February 18, 2017). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=2919816
- Bera, R. K., Patent Examination Reforms (January 13, 2017), SSRN:https://ssrn.com/abstract=2898819
- Bera, R. K., Patent Subject Matter Eligibility (December 11 Dec, 2016), SSRN: http://ssrn.com/abstract=2883838
- Bera, R. K., Rethinking Patentable Subject Matter and Related Issues (December 04, 2015), SSRN:https://ssrn.com/abstract=2699219
- Bera, R. K., Reforming the Patent System for the Post-Industrial Economy (September 23, 2015), SSRN: http://ssrn.com/abstract=2664035
- Bera, R.K., A Minefield of Patents (July 16, 2015), SSRN: http://ssrn.com/abstract=2630681